Those truly linked don't need correspondence. When they meet again after years apart, their friendship is as true as ever - Deng M.D.
Today, I had the instinctive feeling to talk to Yaz and truth be told, Kin is pregnant; baby is due this July (Yaz's birthday month!). I know how much he wants one, after having two boys. Took the opportunity to ask how he and family are doing? Glad to hear all is fine.
Its been awhile since we kept in touch; what a relief to know that the feelings we have, as friends, are still intact. That is our special bond. Congratulated him on his NY award for the recent Channel News Asia program (ok its not new, it was in 2004 but better late than never, eh).
Afterthought: "Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. Hmm, suddenly My Best Friend's Wedding soundtrack comes to mind..."
Someday when I'm awfully low
When the world is cold
I feel a glow just thinking of you
And the way you look tonight.
Oh, but you're lovely with your smile so warm
And your cheek so soft
There is nothing for me to love you
And the way you look tonight
With each word your tenderness grows
Tearing my fear apart
And that laugh that wrinkles your nose
touches my foolish heart
Lovely, never ever change
Keep that breathless charr
Won't you please arrange it? 'Cause I love you
Just the way you look tonight...
No comments:
Post a Comment